When it comes to voice and data cabling, you’re right in the round house of NCVD. We have been installing high quality application centric cabling solutions for years. Our Installations use industry proven strategies, standards, and experience to deliver your solution on time, creating a network you can trust and rely on for years to come.
Voice and Data Cabling or Structured Cabling is building or campus telecommunications cabling infrastructure that consists of a number of standardized smaller elements (hence structured) called subsystems.
Structured cabling falls into five subsystems:
- 1. Demarcation point is the point where the telephone company network ends, and connects with the on-premises wiring.
- 2. Equipment or Telecommunications Rooms house equipment and wiring consolidation points that serve the users inside the building or campus.
- 3. Vertical or Riser Cabling connects between the equipment/telecommunications rooms, so named because the rooms are typically on different floors.
- 4. Horizontal wiring can be IW (inside wiring) and connects telecommunications rooms to individual outlets or work areas on the floor.
- 5. Work-Area Components connect end-user equipment to outlets of the horizontal cabling system. These are the basic components of Voice and Data Cabling.